Saturday, March 31, 2007

THE Idiot

Being in the city with chronic traffic problem plus living in the heart of city becomes very frustrating not at times but almost daily. All the roads going towards home will have traffic at all the times! So long time to wait before you can stretch over sofa. :(

I observed this for long that by the time I reach home am so irritated that I had started getting edgy with my family members also.
Reality check: “This is no good. I must do something for it.” But what? Of course I can not reduce the traffic. The distances are high I can’t start walking around to my destinations. Correct I can’t do any thing about the situation. I have to change my perception of the situation.

So far so good. But that’s not easy. Where do I start?

Ok I get most irritated due to the unruly traffic. The vehicles suddenly taking turns, bicycles thinking the whole road is simply made for them, rickshaws going slowly checking chance to get passengers, potholes which are randomly or put crisscrossed on road. You never know where and when you are going to go for a trip inside the pothole. And when all this happens; what do you do? A lot of $#@$#@$@@@!$@. Not loudly most of the time. If start saying all this loudly I would probably take whole day in traveling and in quarrels. Mistake is yours or not, it’s human nature not to accept mistakes. Not to stranger at least! “Saying bad names for what seems to be a regular habit to all the guys in town. What does this lady think? She follows all the rules or what?”

Right!

So what do I do? Get frustrated each time. Let’s start here…

Will say only “The Idiot”!

This may sound idiotically simple. But believe me it’s NOT!!

Because it’s “THE Idiot”. Ok I can’t hold annual function for this award. It’s gotta be daily! But it gotta be only One! But it’s little tough. Cause you have to give it immediately. Not at the end of day after whole analysis. So you have to increase your patience to find that One person of the Day!

In the beginning I have been very liberal with the award. Many many almost every one who frustrated me even little would get it. But awards are not meant to be given to all yaar! One only one deserves it. Ok some rare times two, but not any more.

So finally I did become “chingu” enough to give my unique award to one person in one day. All the regular incidents no more invoke irritation. “This is regular yaar! What’s so special?”

I also learned to follow more of traffic regulations. I don’t want to gather the “The Idiot” awards given to me by some one else ;)

Now there are even more categories of people added for the same award! The idiot checking out each and every lady passing by, throwing some stupid lines to catch attention of passing by girls, people walking right in middle of road, people crossing from any where, some honking horns unnecessarily scaring the people crossing the roads, some times a colleague with stupidest doubt or some times even myself for a silly silly mistake! :)

This has helped me a lot to cool down and be my earlier cool self.
I am not that irritated when I reach home. :) Thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,
Do let me know what you think...