Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Confidence

Just made tea and was pouring using strainer in the cups to serve. Was looking at the utensil, strainer, cup and the flow of tea all at once. Even then the flow was still just incorrect. Tea was going little over the cup edges, outside the cup just making one big mess.

Mom was watching me doing this. After few seconds she said, “what are you doing? Just pour it!”
I looked at her puzzled. ‘What do you mean? That’s what I am TRYING to do.’
She repeated, “Na. Just pour it!”.
Yup. I then JUST poured as she said. Was that perfect? May be not. But far better result! I was not looking at every little thing and trying to get it right. I was pouring without hesitation in one steady flow. I was ‘Just doing it’.

That extremely tiny difference in behaviour is the one they call confidence! Where ‘Try’ has no place. It’s not about ‘Trying’, it’s just about ‘Doing’! 
Is that why the tag line goes ‘Just do it’?

I know what you are saying, ‘but well not everything is as simple a task as pouring tea! Right?’. 
True! But to get to a different result, the super tiny shift in behaviour remains just the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,
Do let me know what you think...